As a parent or carer, you are an important part of our school community. We offer a range of services to support you and your family.
Parents and Citizens’ Association (P&C)
Our Parents and Citizens’ Association (P&C) is made up of parents and carers, teachers and community members. The P&C meets regularly to contribute to decision-making, developing policies and management plans as well as fundraising.
Counselling for families
The school counsellor can assist when families undergo a trauma or big change. Contact us to make an appointment. For information in community languages, see school counselling service.
Outside of the education system, free telephone counselling services are available to support families who may be going through a difficult time.
- Lifeline – 24-hour telephone counselling service. 13 11 14.
- Mensline Australia – 24-hour telephone counselling service for men. 1300 789 978.
- Parent line – 24-hour advice and information service. 1300 1300 52.
Interpreting and translations
We will help you communicate with our school. If you’d like an interpreter for a school meeting, let us know and we will arrange one, if available.
If you don’t speak or understand English well and want to contact us, call TIS National on 131 450 and ask for an interpreter in your language. The operator will call the school and get an interpreter to help. This service is free.
For more information, listen in your language.
Visit the department’s translated documents section for important information that’s relevant for your child’s education in many languages.
The Ashfield Boys High School Parents and Citizens’ Association (P&C) is made up of parents and carers, teachers and community members. We meet regularly to contribute to decision-making, developing policies and management plans, as well as fundraising.
The objectives of the parents and citizens are to
- Promote the interests of the school through co-operation and parental engagement
- Encourage parent and community participation in curriculum and other education issues in the school.
- Assist the teaching staff in the establishment of school policy and management in all facets of school activities.
- Assist in providing facilities and equipment for the school and in promoting the recreation and welfare of the students at the school.
- To continue to do this, we need your active support! Come to our meetings which are held at the school on the Monday of Week 2 and Week 8 at 7pm every term.
Our committee comprises a President, two vice-Presidents, Treasurer, and a Secretary. All positions are voted in at the annual general meeting, which takes place in February. To nominate or cast a vote, you must be a financial member (only 50¢ per year).
The current members of the Committee (as of 8 February 2021) are:
- President: Lucy Winters
- Vice-Presidents: Jo Carlisle & Matt Walter
- Secretary: Nicola Harrison
- Treasurer: Mee Ling Munier
We fundraise to help the school maintain its reputation in the community and to create the best environment we can. We hold a range of fundraising events, including trivia nights, cinema screenings, BBQs, also raise funds through voluntary parent contributions.
In past years parents and citizens has provided funds for:
- School band
- Attendance at State competitions in cycling, water polo, volleyball, surfing
- Outdoor furniture for a Year 12 social area
- A professional multi-media studio
- Library resources.
For more information on latest events and activities, and to sign up for our email updates go to ashfieldboyspc.org.au or email email@example.com